Can you believe it? Your preschooler is now about to be a Kindergartner! I cannot believe how fast the years can fly by! I’m sure you’re just as emotional as I am about sending my youngest to Kindergarten. Whether we’re ready or not the new school season is here and we have to be prepared. That’s why I have put together this must have school supply list for Kindergarten.
Not only will this help explain what your child will need for this upcoming school year and why, but this post will also help you find great deals on good quality products.
Please note that this post contains affiliate links, and that means that I may earn a commission if you buy something. There is NO ADDED cost to you. You can find our really boring disclosure policy here.
Many of the products I recommend are Amazon Prime products, which means you will qualify for fast FREE shipping. If you’re not a member yet you can find more details and sign up for a FREE trial below.
School Supply List for Kindergarten
- The number one item on our school supply list is a large backpack. Even though the small, cute backpacks are adorable, many teachers will tell you they are just not big enough to hold everything that your child will need to bring home. This backpack is large, durable, water resistant and goes for a great price.
As you can see there are many different colors and styles of this backpack to choose from. There are even more to choose from other than what’s pictured above. You can find more details below. You won’t believe the price.
2. The next item on our school supply list for Kindergarten is pencils. Kindergartners will use pencils for a variety of work and fun activities. Pencils are an essential school supply and your little one will need them for the entire year. I love these good quality pencils for Kindergartners, because they are using them to learn proper gripping and to write. These activities help to develop their fine motor skills.
3. Crayons are another important must have item for Kindergartners. Crayons are used for a number of work and art activities. Your child will also use crayons for the entire school year and at home. I love using these crayons because they have a good level of quality and are for a great price.
4. Washable markers will be used in the Kindergarten classroom over and over again as well. This Kindergarten school supply is used for artwork as well as many other activities during the Kindergarten school year. I love buying markers that will last so that I don’t have to keep replacing them throughout the year.
5. Another very useful item you will find on your child’s school supply list for Kindergarten is a pencil box. These boxes get a lot of wear and tear throughout the year so it’s important to buy a pretty sturdy pencil box that will last at least throughout the year. Pencil boxes are used to help Kindergartners keep their writing and art supplies organized.
I really like these pencil cases because of the zipper. A lot of pencil cases have those clamps to close and they can easily open and cause spills, but with these pencil box cases you don’t have to worry about that.
As you can see there are options suitable for boys and girls. There are also a variety of choices with other faces and colors. You can check them out below.
6. The next list on this must have school supply list for Kindergarten is safety scissors. Your little one will get a lot of practice with using scissors this school year, so you’ll want to be sure you get a safe, good quality pair of scissors.
You can also choose from a variety of colors for these scissors as well. Make sure to pick your little one’s favorite. Check them out below.
7. Another art/craft supply your now Kindergartener will need is glue sticks. Glue sticks just like many other Kindergarten school supplies are used for many things in the classroom such as: crafts, artwork and creative activities.
I love buying multipacks of glue sticks because you end up saving more in the long run, plus it works when you have multiple children as well. This keeps us supplied for school and home.
Cleaning Supplies for Kindergarten
8. I believe that Lysol wipes have not been needed anymore than they are right now in the classroom. This is definitely an essential item for your child’s Kindergarten school supply list.
Helping the teachers to be able to stock pile Lysol wipes will help keep your child’s classroom and surrounding environment a safer place for them and for their classmates.
9. Another cleaning supply needed for the Kindergarten classroom will be hand sanitizer. This school supply for Kindergarten is just as important as the Lysol wipes. This will help teachers keep classroom materials, desks and other high touch surfaces sanitized.
11. The last “cleaning” supply on our must have school supply list for Kindergarten is Kleenex. During the Kindergarten school year I am sure there are runny noses, tears, plus many other things that require teachers and students to grab a Kleenex multiple times a day.
This is a product that I am sure your child will need and their teacher will be very appreciative of any extra that you send for the classroom.
Kleenex is a product that I like to buy in bulk because I know the kids will need it at school, and we use it a lot at home, especially during the colder months.
Bonus Kindergarten School Supply
I know you won’t find this item on your child’s Kindergarten school supply list, but in light of everything that is happening in so many places all over the world I want you to be prepared from day to day.
Honestly, we don’t know if our children will be able to complete the entire school year in the classroom or if they will have to go back into online learning.
I know that one challenge for us this past year was having enough tablets/laptops available for all of our children’s class sessions throughout the day.
It’s vitally important that we stay prepared so that our children won’t miss out on any of their learning sessions this year. Chromebooks are a great way to ensure your child will be able to do everything that they need without buying a full blown laptop.
My girls used a Chromebook this past school year and it was so very helpful. Even if you don’t think your Kindergartner will need one, maybe your older child will find it useful.
You won’t believe this price. You can find thereviews here.
In conclusion, I really do hope this must have school supply list for Kindergarten has been helpful to you.
I have found that buying good quality items that will last longer saves you money and time in return.
Your child will need pencils, crayons, markers, scissors and several other items. I know it may seem like a bunch right now, but think about what you will save by purchasing in bulk and/or good quality products from the start.
This prevents you from having to buy over and over again and even on some items, year after year.
In this last year, I have also found shopping online to be super convenient. It has saved us time, gas and money because we have been able to find some really good deals.
What items are on your child’s school supply list for Kindergarten? Have you already completed your shopping? Do you prefer shopping in the stores or online? I would love to hear. Please leave your comments below!